Our Team at St Clere
Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens. We asked the team who make it all possible to tell us a few of their favourite things about St Clere.
Eliza Ecclestone - Managing Trustee
- The magic in the air here that means people unwind and feel different
- The view of the tree silhouettes to the West of the house as the sun sets
- The feeling that everyone who works on the estate loves this place
- Driving over the bumps; it reminds me of my childhood (“bumpity bumpity BUMP!” and means I’m home)
Simon Ecclestone - Events & Woodlands Manager
- Pulling back the curtains every morning…those blue cedars!
- The Pinetum
- Imagining the past from the portraits and artefacts
- Seeing how the kids use St Clere – no screen required.
Martin Platt - Estate Foreman
- Meeting lots of people from different backgrounds
- Working with a small team of people
- Living and working in the countryside
- Still learning something new every day
- Looking after live stock
Sue Booth - Estate & Finance Administrator
- Nothing is too much trouble
- The stunning house & gardens – who wouldn’t be impressed?
- You can’t help but smile, working with people who love being at work
- My dog snoozing in front of the log burner in the office
- Never monotonous, no two days are ever the same
Sarah Kershaw - Marketing & Events
- The breathtaking view of the lake and temple from the terrace (if I got married again, this is where I’d have my photos taken)
- Within reason “yes” is often the answer
- Fun and happy people work at St Clere, and the feeling is contagious
- The log burner in our office
Richard Miles - Estate Maintenance
- Colleagues and the residents are all great to work with
- There’s a great team spirit
- It doesn’t feel like work – I enjoy it that much!
Kulbahadur Rana - Housekeeper
- Friendly & helpful
- Quiet & peaceful
- Not too physical for a Grandad!
Andrew Platt - Estate Worker
- Following the path of the water from the lake to the secret lake and on..
- All the different types of woodland
- The view from the bird bath lawn down the avenue.
- Standing at the top of brigadiers beeches looking over the main house with the lake beyond
- Keeping warm with the Biomass boiler