Our Team at St Clere
“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens….” We asked the team who make it all possible to tell us a few of their favourite things about St Clere.
Eliza Ecclestone - Managing Trustee
- The magic in the air here that means people unwind and feel different
- The view of the tree silhouettes to the West of the house as the sun sets
- The feeling that everyone who works on the estate loves this place
- Driving over the bumps on the drive reminds me of my childhood
Simon Ecclestone - Events & Woodlands Manager
- Pulling back the curtains every morning…those blue cedars!
- The Pinetum
- Imagining the past from the portraits and artefacts
- Seeing how the kids use St Clere – no screen required.
Martin Platt - Estate Foreman
- Meeting lots of people from different backgrounds
- Working with a small team of people
- Living and working in the countryside
- Still learning something new every day
- Looking after live stock
Sue Harvey - Estate Administration & Finance
- Nothing is too much trouble
- The stunning house & gardens – who wouldn’t be impressed?
- You can’t help but smile, working with people who love being at work
- My dog snoozing in front of the log burner in the office
- Never monotonous, no two days are ever the same
Martha Parker - Events Marketing
- The sense of space and the beauty of the landscape
- The variety of events here: fashion & film shoots, festivals, weddings and seminars.
- Working on projects that create happiness & good memories
- Being part of a great team
Jamie Platt - Event Logistics
- Working with lots of different people on all kinds of events
- Giving something back to the Estate after growing up here
- The variety in my day, solving problems and being creative
- Being out and about and working outside in a beautiful place
Kallum Sewell - Estate worker
- The people here are great
- Every day is different
- Learning new skills is fun
- Working outside in the woods
Andrew Platt - Forestery & Woodlands
- Following the path of water from the lake to the secret lake
- All the different types of woodland
- Standing at the top of brigadiers beeches looking over the house and lake beyond
- Keeping warm with the Biomass boiler
Kulbahadur Rana - Housekeeper
- Everyone is friendly and helpful
- It is quiet and peaceful
- It’s not too physical for a Grandad!
Richard Miles - Estate Maintenance
- My colleagues and the residents here are all great to work with
- There’s a strong team spirit
- It doesn’t really feel like work – I enjoy it that much!